A company working to develop decarbonated energies
Through their past professional activities in the photovoltaic and nuclear sectors, the co-founders of GHyGA (Green Hydrogen Gas Applications), Peter Bamberg and Pierre Maccioni, have accompanied for many years the technological efforts of industry in France and Europe to develop decarbonated energies.
Trying to widen access to available energy resources, they seek to promote innovative projects. In particular, they have been developing innovative ideas around Marine Renewable Energies (MRE) for several years.
GHyGA’s ambition is to initiate and support technological projects to develop the use of Green Hydrogen for Energy and Mobility in particular, at all levels, according to the opportunities — local, regional, national and international.
GHyGA participates locally in Drôme (French) in the activities of the French Tech In The Alps Valence Romans and contributes to its influence on the Valence Romans Agglomeration (VRA) territory and beyond, being an actor of the Energy Transition around the promotion of Green Hydrogen and its applications, by encouraging collaborations with other Start Ups and innovative SMEs of the wider territory (cf Club T‑REX).
At the regional level, GHyGA is a member of the “Decarbonated energies” competitiveness cluster TENERRDIS and at the national level, participates in the FRANCE HYDROGENE working groups (Mobility, Safety, Production, etc.).
Major projects for the ecological transition with decarbonated energies
Its flagship and ambitious project, brought to clarify its interest and feasibility, is 2W2H2® (Wind & Water To Hydrogen), which consists of producing Green H2 (gH2) by electrolysers, powered by Renewable Marine Energies (RME), wind and marine currents, via wind and water turbines installed on a recycled and renovated (“upcycled”) offshore platform, storage and transport of the Green H2 in gaseous (high pressure) and liquid (organic H2 carriers) form to the mainland by H2-powered ship (or pipeline if local geographical and economic interest).
This project is prepared by a smaller Proof of Concept (PoC) phase, called M2H2 (Marine energy To Hydrogen), whose ambition is to create a dynamic via an international consortium capable of committing the 2W2H2 Project® upon the proof of success of the PoC Phase.
A variant of 2W2H2® is being developed with the production, under similar conditions, of Green Ammonia (gNH3), in the 2W2NH3 project®.
Beyond the major projects
Contributions have been made or are planned at the regional level, with industrial partners in Auvergne Rhône Alpes and Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur, on projects involving the development of H2 and NH3 thermal engines for road and naval mobility (heavy, leisure and competition), along with their associated fuelling infrastructures.
Member of the French Tech in the Alps
GHyGA contributes locally to the influence of the French Tech In The Alps Valence Romans, by initiating, supporting or co-directing other projects around H2 Green at regional level, with other Start Ups and innovative SMEs in the area.
Peter K. Bamberg, CEO
- 36 years in Aerospace — BOEING CAD (USA) — Plant Manager at AIRBUS (Germany) — Technical Director at ARIANESPACE in France — Technical Director at EUROCKOT-ASTRIUM (Germany).
- Engineer & MSc in Aeronautics (University of Stuttgart).
- Extensive experience in team and programme management.
- Practical experience in vocational training.
- 10 years of operational knowledge of renewable energies.
- Creation of 2 start-up companies in France (PV PUECH LONG, GHYGA).
Pierre H. Maccioni, coo
- 20 years of experience in nuclear energy development in France (CEA, PECHINEY, FRAMATOME, AREVA and SDMS) as International Project Manager and then Director of Operational Units in France, Germany and Italy.
- INSA engineer (Rennes), PhD Physics & Materials, Executive MBA (Lyon).
- Extensive experience in decarbonated energies.
- 10 years of experience in production, storage and distribution of Green Hydrogen (MCPHY, AD-VENTA, PROVIRIDIS).
- Creation of 2 start-up companies in France (MAC P’HYERES, GHYGA).
For more information about GhyGA, contact us:
1800 route des Eymards
26260 Margès ‐ France